Leading Agile developers, developing Agile leaders.
Based on Jurgen Appelo’s best-selling book, the Management 3.0 training course was given in more than 15 countries in 2011.
Pyxis is proud to be the first to offer this course in Canada.
Having met François personally in my course and having discussed many challenges and opportunities with him for managing Agile organizations, I fully trust him to organize a great course. I wish I could attend! :-) »*
— Jurgen Appelo, author of the Management 3.0 book and creator of the Management 3.0 training course
- Act optimally as a manager within an Agile context
- Know tools and practices helping you become exceptional leaders!
Your Management 3.0 trainer
DescriptionAgility brings its share of new challenges to development teams, but also to managers. How can a manager face these new situations? The Management 3.0 training course allows to understand different ways to support the organization and manage it with leadership in order to get the most from this approach.
The particularity of Management 3.0 is its great variety of topics. Workshops allow to put theory into practice and to be well-equipped to meet the challenges faced by managers. A series of debriefs and discussions allow participants to exchange, to draw a parallel between what they have learned and their actual challenges, and to find solutions.
What you will learn:
- What complexity theory is, how to think in terms of systems, about Black Swans and Jokers, about the difference between complex and complicated, and about the 7 fallacies we often recognize in traditional linear thinking
- About the difference between extrinsic vs. intrinsic motivation, the 10 intrinsic desires and common techniques for understanding what is important to the people in your teams, such as one-on-one meetings, personal assessments, the 12 most important questions, and 360 degree meetings
- How to make self-organization work, how to distribute authorization in an organization, the challenges of empowerment, how to grow relationships of trust, and several techniques for distributed control, such as the 7 levels of delegation, and authority boards
- When to manage and when to lead, how to use different criteria to create useful goals, about the challenges around management by objectives, and how to protect people and shared resources from any bad effects of self-organization
- About skill levels and discipline levels, how and when to apply the seven approaches of competence development, how to measure progress in a complex system, the effect of sub-optimization, and several tips for useful metrics
- How to grow an organizational structure as a fractal, how to balance specialization and generalization, how to choose between functional and cross-functional teams, about
informal leadership and widening job titles, and about treating teams as value units in a value network
- The 4 facets of change management, which address the system, the individuals, the interactions, and the boundary of the system
General informationDuration: 2 days
Unit price: Click on "Register participants on line" to check the price in your country
Who should attend?
- Scrum Master
- Product Owner
by Jurgen Appelo