Applying Professional Kanban (APK) - ProKanban.org
Kanban is fast becoming the modern way to manage an organization’s delivery of customer value. In today’s always-on environment, you need a clear set of practices that don’t get in the way of your ability to continuously deliver but that provides enough structure to keep everyone aligned and focused. This two-day course will give you an in-depth introduction to improving your team’s effectiveness by applying Kanban flow principles.
In this class, you will learn the basic principles of flow and how to use them to make your team process more efficient, predictable, and effective. With an emphasis on the practical application of concepts, this course includes many hands-on exercises that will lead you through the steps of setting up and operating a Kanban system for continuous value delivery and improvement.
View the panel on "What is Kanban and why we should care"
Validated Learning - Certification
After completion of Pyxis courses that lead to ProKanban.org certifications, you will have an opportunity (one attempt included in the price at registration) to validate that you understand core Kanban topics. We will invite you to take an online assessment that evaluates your understanding and provides you with guidance on areas for improvement. This exclusive assessment is only available to participants having completed the class.
You will receive the link to the exam within 24 to 48 hours of your training. Before taking the exam, you can test your knowledge by completing the Professional Kanban Open Assessment.
Duration: 14 hours
The Applied Professional Kanban course is for anyone who wants to improve their ability to deliver value and be more efficient.
Anyone wishing to discover an easy-to-implement approach with all the advantages of Agile, whether in information technology (IT) or any other field requiring the management of services, cross-functional teams or client request management (marketing, human resources (HR), operations, finance, etc.). For example:
- Project, product or service managers or leaders
- Team or department leaders
- Team members (support, infrastructure, operations, marketing, HR, etc.)
- IT team members (architects, developers, testers, business analysts, Product Owner, Scrum Master, etc.)
- Quality Assurance (QA) Specialists
After attending the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of flow
- Describe the value of WiP limits
- Create a visual board to manage your work
- Capture and interpret key flow metrics and analytics to find improvement opportunities
- Explain why flow should be focused on value delivery
- Define, build, operate and continuously improve a Kanban system
- Discuss how tooling impacts your implementation
- Kanban theory, principles and practices
- Applying Kanban
- Workflow design and visualization
- How to operate a Kanban system
- How to get started