Applying Professional Scrum (APS)
Applying Professional ScrumTM (APS) (named Professional Scrum Foundations) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum in a highly practical way. Students hit the ground running through instruction and team-based exercises. Working in a series of Sprints, teams of students build a software application, thereby facing real-life problems. The mechanics, roles, principles and the (empirical) process of Scrum are demonstrated. Common missteps and misunderstandings are discussed so students grow a higher awareness of their symptoms.
All Pyxis courses that lead to Scrum.org certifications include a free attempt at the certification exam that takes place online. You will receive the link to the exam within 24 to 48 hours of your training. Before taking the exam, you can practice by answering to the Scrum.org open assessments.
The training may be interesting to all involved in software development using the Scrum framework. It is the perfect introduction, reboot or refresher to Scrum, or anyone looking for hands-on insights in how Scrum actually works as a member of a Scrum Team, or as an existing Scrum Team.Download the syllabus
Applying Professional ScrumTM (APS) is THE training for teams and anyone wanting to experience the Scrum way of working. The course also provides the foundation of knowledge needed for role-focused training for Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Developers, as offered in Scrum.org’s Professional Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Product Owner and Professional Scrum Development classes.
The class introduces the mechanics of Scrum, as well as provides insights into complexity, team-based collaboration and self-organization as essential elements in mastering Scrum. Students will experience how the Scrum framework improves product development efforts.
From its emphasis on the practical application, the course exposes common missteps, increases the awareness of the associated symptoms, and provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course.
Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
Students are challenged to act in terms of Scrum. They take home an increased understanding of how to collaborate better and work as a team.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence.
- Students will learn how to use visual information radiators.
- Students leave the class with a handful of tips to identify common pitfalls and dysfunctions.
- Students can increase Scrum’s effectiveness if already underway.
- Students can take part of a Scrum Team and be more effective.
- Fundamentals of Scrum
- The Scrum Framework (part 1 and part 2)
- Mastering Scrum
- Planning with Scrum
- Getting started
- Keeping Scrum healthy
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions, and hands-on exercises.
How to prepare
- No pre-existing knowledge of Scrum is required to attend.
- Nice to have: Read the Scrum Guide.
- Prepare a list of questions you’d like answered during the class.
- Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I)
- The PSM I certification is achieved by taking and passing an online assessment on your own time following the course.
- It can be taken from any internet connected computer.
- This industry-recognized certification requires a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment.
- The PSM I assessment is comprised of 80 multiple choice questions that must be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 85%.
You can claim 14 PDU’s for attending a course.
Ask about our private, group or personalized courses.Contact us