The Management 3.0 training course allows to understand different ways to support the organization and manage it with leadership in order to get the most from this approach.
Duration: 2 days
- Team leaders
- Development managers
- Agile coaches
- Scrum Masters
- Project managers
- Product Owners
Download the syllabus
- Act optimally as a manager within an Agile context
- Know tools and practices helping you become exceptional leaders.
What you will learn:
- What complexity theory is
- The difference between extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
- How to make self-organization work
- When to manage and when to lead and how to use different criteria to create useful goals
- About skill levels and discipline levels
- How to grow an organizational structure as a fractal
- The 4 facets of change management
Learn more about Management 3.0:
- Complexity science and systems thinking are the cornerstones of an Agile mindset. You will learn about causal loop diagrams, what complexity theory is, how to think in terms of systems, about Black Swans and Jokers, about the difference between complex and complicated, and about the 7 fallacies we often recognize in traditional linear thinking.
- People are the most important parts of an organization, and managers must do all they can to keep people active, creative, and motivated. You will learn the difference between extrinsic motivation and intrinsic motivation, the 10 intrinsic desires as well as common techniques for understanding what is important to the people in your teams (e.g., one-on-one meetings, personal assessments, the 12 most important questions, and 360 degree meetings).
- Teams are able to self-organize. However, this requires empowerment, authorization, and trust from management. You will learn how to make self-organization work, how to distribute authorization in an organization, the challenges of empowerment, how to grow relationships of trust, and several techniques for distributed control, such as the 7 levels of delegation and authority boards.
- Self-organization can lead to anything. Thus, it is necessary to protect people and shared resources and to give people a clear purpose and defined goals. You will learn when to manage and when to lead, how to use different criteria to create useful goals, about the challenges around management by objectives, as well as how to protect people and shared resources from any bad effects of self-organization.
- Teams are not able to achieve their goals if team members are not capable enough. Therefore, managers must contribute to skill development. You will learn about skill levels and discipline levels, how and when to apply the 7 approaches of competence development, how to measure progress in a complex system, the effect of sub-optimization, and several tips for useful performance metrics.
- Many teams operate within the context of a complex organization. Thus, it is important to have structures that enhance communication. You will learn how to grow an organizational structure as a fractal, how to balance specialization and generalization, how to choose between functional and cross-functional teams, about informal leadership and widening job titles, and about treating teams as value units in a value network.
- People, teams, and organizations need to improve continuously in order to defer failure for as long as possible. In practice, this means that managers and leaders must act as change agents, trying to change the social complex systems around them. You will learn about the 4 facets of change management, which address the system, the individuals, the interactions, and the boundary of the system.
Bonus online workshop
- In the Management 3.0 Fundamentals Online Workshop you will learn about the basics of Management 3.0, with a focus on practices that are useful in remote teams.
At the end of a Management 3.0 workshop you'll receive a certificate signed by your trainer and Jurgen Appelo.
More information about certifications on the Management 3.0 Website
Management 3.0: in person workshop
Management 3.0: Fundamentals Online Workshop