Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner (PSMPO)
Scrum Teams flourish when the Scrum Master and Product Owner accountabilities are well fulfilled. The 3-day Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner (PSMPO) course combines the key learning objectives from both the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) and Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO) courses. Merging PSM and PSPO together enables side-by-side learning in a way that is not possible when Scrum Masters and Product Owners are trained separately. These learners greatly benefit from having a shared understanding for one another and by blending the content, students avoid duplicate foundational content and have more space to focus on learning together. This course includes free attempts at both the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) globally recognized certification exams.
Duration: 3 days
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner course is designed for Scrum Masters and Product Owners to learn together. This is especially important as they collectively provide leadership that Scrum Teams need to satisfy stakeholders, including customers and users through the early and continuous delivery of value. When bringing this course into your organization, take care to include participants that will be working on teams together. We suggest participants read through the PSM Focus Areas as well as the PSPO Focus Areas before the class.
What You Will Learn
PSMPO Course LogoThroughout the class, students will develop and solidify their fundamental Scrum knowledge and have opportunities to expand their way of thinking about what it takes to be part of a self-managing team. They will explore both the inward facing mindset and the outward facing skills needed to deliver value and create impactful customer outcomes on a frequent basis. Accountabilities of the Scrum Master and Product Owner are interwoven with the Scrum values and the pillars of empiricism in a way that challenges students to immediately approach work in new ways following the class. PSMPO is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students engage in hands-on activities and explore real-life cases for how Scrum Masters and Product Owners can be successful.
- Grow an Agile mindset and build awareness of why values and principles are key to success
- Understand the Scrum framework and how empiricism enables rapid delivery of value
- Build knowledge of how the Scrum Master and Product Owner accountabilities jointly serve the team, customers, and the organization
- Experience techniques for focusing on the customer and delivering incremental value Explore approaches for building alignment and execution of the strategy through product vision and product goal
- Learn ways for understanding, delivering and measuring value
- Practice how to manage the product backlog in ways supportive of achieving the product goal
- Create clarity on how release planning builds transparency and helps manage stakeholder expectations Solidify the importance of done and discerning what is done and what is undone
- Gain appreciation for the art of working with self-managing teams and building a sustaining capability for solving complex problems
- The Product Owner
- Agile Product Management
- Value-Driven Development
- Product Backlog Management
- Theory and First Principles
- Scrum Framework
- Release Management
- Done and Undone
- People and Teams
- The Scrum Master
All Pyxis courses that lead to Scrum.org certifications include a free attempt at the certification exam that takes place online. You will receive the link to the exam within 24 to 48 hours of your training. Before taking the exam, you can practice by answering to the Scrum.org open assessments.
Ask about our private, group or personalized courses.Contact us