Professional Scrum Master II
Professional Scrum Master II™ (PSM II) course is an advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Scrum Team, Product Owner and organization.
All Pyxis courses that lead to Scrum.org certifications include a free attempt at the certification exam that takes place online. You will receive the link to the exam within 24 to 48 hours of your training. Before taking the exam, you can practice by answering to the Scrum.org open assessments.
The PSM II class is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of experience who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities as a Scrum Master.
- Discover what practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- Understand how the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- Learn how the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improve their ability in this role
- Know what the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Learn ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
What you will learn
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how they can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for Agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent