Scaled Professional Scrum with Nexus
Scaled Professional Scrum™ (SPS) with Nexus™ is a course that is designed as an experiential workshop where students learn how to scale Scrum using the Nexus Framework. Throughout, you are introduced to the artifacts and events within the framework, the new Nexus Integration Team role, along with more than 50 associated practices.
Duration : 2 days
Anyone in the organization who is involved in a Scrum scaling initiative, from Scrum Masters to High-Level executives.
Over the 2 days, students will simulate a large software development project using the Nexus Framework. The workshop is delivered using an end-to-end case study where students work together to organize and simulate a scaled software development project. Throughout the workshop, students will be introduced to more than 50 practices that can be used to help reduce complexity and dependencies at scale.
The workshop will provide students with an understanding of how to launch, structure, staff, and manage a large Agile project using Scrum. Throughout the workshop, students will learn the infrastructure, tools and practices needed to successfully scale Scrum to maximize the value of their software development initiative.
By taking a hands-on approach, students are fully engaged in the learning process where they see first-hand the challenges in large-scale development initiatives and solutions for getting the work back on track. They will leave the workshop with techniques to detect irregularities and how to address them appropriately.
- Learn how to overcome challenges in large-scale development initiatives and how to remain on track
- Experience organizing several teams working on the same product so productivity is optimized
- Understand how to identify, minimize and remove dependencies
- Scaled Scrum is still Scrum
- Introduction to the Nexus Framework
- New role, artifacts and events
- Organizing teams & work
- Managing the Nexus & Nexus+™
- Dealing with common challenges
- Practices to help teams efficiently build an integrated software product
All participants completing the Scaled Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the SPS assessment. The industry-recognized SPS certification requires a minimum passing score and involves understanding of the Nexus framework, knowledge from the course and of Scrum.